Post by Neo Samurai on Jan 21, 2009 23:18:35 GMT -5
In case you guys didn't know, I'm a huge LOST fan. The 5th season just began tonight. It's looking really good so far. Anyone else get a chance to take a glimpse at it? Here are my thoughts.
I'm somewhat surprised that everyone who got left on the island kept jumping through time. And considering we're probably going to catch a glimpse of the Dharma Initiative earlier on, this looks like it's going to be very interesting. BTW, I laughed my ass off when that Neil guy got shot by the flaming arrows.
It seems like the Oceanic Six are going to have some difficulties getting back to the island considering
1) Hurley just got arrested 2) Considering the previews, it seems like Kate and Sayid aren't going to be too cooperative
And if they don't get to the island within the next 3 days, it seems bad things are going to happen.
Not to mention Ben only has 70 hours to get everybody back.
The whole time-jumping island deal really makes coming up with theories difficult, but I've managed a few ideas:
1) The rules that don't apply to Desmond are the same rules that Widmore changed. I have no idea what the rules might be, but I think they'll have something to do with an ancient game (alluded to by Locke in the Season 1 backgammon scene with Walt)
2) Richard came to the island on the Black Rock, and the island will time-jump back to this period. Locke will meet Richard, and this will convince Richard that Locke is special (somehow). This event will make Richard seek Locke out. Also, since Locke traveled back in time to meet Richard, that also means that he would not be able to die until he does it, which explains why he survived as a baby, falling out of the building, and getting shot by Ben.
3) Faraday is not time traveling any more than just what's happening on the island. The opening scene in the orchid was a red herring. The island will travel back to the Dharma time period and Faraday will join it in order to further his research.
4) Horace the Mathematician worked at the Arrow. For anyone familiar with ARG and ComicCon semi-canon stuff, I think we'll find that he was working on the Valenzetti equation.
Looking forward to Wednesday!
Black all around me, even the water. The water’s not really black, of course. Reflection from the sky. Water’s like a mirror sometimes. Lets you see your face in it, anyway. Reflecting the night’s face, then, isn’t it? Does the night have a face? It must. Otherwise the water couldn’t reflect it.
I am made from the dust of the stars and the oceans flow in my veins